Are you interested in learning about furniture upcycling and specific techniques?
My One on One Workshop is customised to suit you. We can do this to suit you with what you want to learn. This is a 3 hour hands on workshop held in my studio at Waterford West (Southside of Brisbane).
Mutually agreed time slots are available to suit both parties including week days, evenings and the weekends.
Workshop costs are $125 each with all products provided. You can bring a small piece (or several) to work on or we can do various things on boards.
Some of the upcycling topics we can cover are -
- Learn what to look for in a piece to upcycle.
- Prepping. Learn about the essential step of furniture prep.
- Learn about chalk, mineral and milk paints by trying them out!
- Finishes/Sealing. Learn about the different types of finishes and techniques you use to apply waxes (clear & coloured), hemp oil, glaze and various sealers (gloss, semi gloss, matte, pearl, glitter etc).
- Brushes. There are so many options out there! You can try them all out and find what you like best. We will discuss what all the shapes (flat, round, oval etc) are best used for.
- Appliqués. Learn how to apply them and emphasise all their detail with different finishing products.
- Glazing. Learn about glazing and how to do it.
- Dry Brushing. Learn the techniques of dry brushing.
- Distressing. Learn how to make projects appear timeworn for the Shabby Chic / Coastal looks.
- Stencilling. Learn the techniques of stencilling without bleed through and how to give your pieces that extra touch. You can even make your stencilling look timeworn.
- Transfers. Learn all about them and how to apply them. They instantly transform your pieces.
- Decoupage. Learn how to apply Rice Papers and Napkins to furniture pieces including trimming, cutting to size and sealing.
- Stains. Learn how to apply furniture stains to raw timber and seal options.
- Create Rust. Learn how to create rust (literally) on your projects. Glass, ceramic, timber and plastic can all be used to create rust.
- Gilding Wax. Learn how to use gilding wax on small projects, frames, appliqués, shoes etc … the list is endless.
- Crackle. Learn how to apply and use the crackle products available which give your pieces an aged look.
- Wallpaper. Learn how to use wallpaper and paintable wallpaper on your projects. Trimming, cutting to size and sealing is all discussed.
- Stripes. Learn how to create and paint crisp stripes with no bleed.
- Texture. Learn how to create texture with chalk paint and specialised texture products.
- Create a Wash. Learn how to create this effect with chalk paint.
Or …. maybe you’re at the beginning of your painting journey and want to learn how to start, paint and finish a piece. We can do that too 😊
So, why not join me and create some pieces together? It’s a relaxed environment and we’ll chat about many things … we may even have many things in common!
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
* CANCELLATIONS POLICY ON WORKSHOPS - please note that a minimum of 48 hours is required to reschedule or cancel your workshop.